Last week Joe & I were able to fly back to Arkansas/Tennessee, where Joe served his mission. I got to meet some of the people Joe knew, and we also got to visit some pretty incredible places. The first place we went to was Graceland - home of Elvis Presley. Here is the actual house -


They displayed so many outfits - ones that he wore singing, and ones he wore in the movies. Some were pretty crazy outfits!!

Elvis apparently loved racquetball (who knew?) and had one built behind the house. After he died they converted part of it into a display -


Next - the Peabody Hotel. This hotel is very famous, because of its ducks. It all began as a prank, when some guys (I think it may have even been the owner, or manager) got drunk and after hunting they decided to leave their live ducks in the hotel fountain. When the woke up, they ducks were still in the fountain and everyone was watching them. So it turned into a tradition that ducks would 'live' in the hotel. Between 11-5 they are in the fountain in the hotel, and the rest of the time they have a 'room' on the top of the hotel.


They spread out red carpet, and as soon as the elevator door opens, the run down the carpet into the fountain.

There is a Duckmaster that takes care of the ducks. He'll ride the elevator up, get them, bring them down the elevator, etc. Joe was lucky enough to get a shot of all five ducks! It was amazing how many people were there to watch the show.


Anyone heard of Lorraine Motel? If not, you just failed history! This is where Martin Luther King, Jr. was shot. It was very sad, but ... profound at the same time.



The trip was very hot & humid, but fun! I will post more later ...
6 comments:
Great pictures! I'm glad you had fun. Savannah enjoyed seeing you and the ducks :) I hope you don't mind that you are lumped with the ducks.
What a fun trip! I hope to make it out there some day! Love the cute ducks!
Looks like a fun time! I wanna go to the south someday. And the northwest.
So fun! I'd love to go there!
What a cool trip! I would love to see Dave's mission sometime - I bet it was nice to hear about Joe's stories and meet some of the people he knew.
I can't get over the ducks either - that's pretty funny!
I am so jealous and happy that you had fun in my home city! I miss it over there. What was your favorite part? Miss you guys!
Post a Comment