December 20, 2009

Book thought

I just started reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, and stumbled upon this thought -

"Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind."

I really liked this thought, because it is something that Joe has to remind me and it is very true. I can choose whether or not to be happy, and how I let things influence me. Just a thought.

Nothing too exciting is happening at the Chambers house. I LOVE listening to Christmas music, especially Josh Groban. I made the mistake of telling Joe I think Josh Groban's voice is dreamy, and now he sings in his "Josh Groban" voice which makes me laugh.

I probably won't post anything before Christmas, so I hope everyone has a great holiday!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is about the same as Isaac and his "Josh Groban" voice. Maybe they can sing together and wow the world :)

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Mellie said...

I loved that thought about happiness. It really is so true, but so hard to remember when you're unhappy. :) I too struggle with remembering that it's up to me if I'm going to be happy or not! Even if I hate my job. :)

Michelle said...

That book is on hold for me at the library, but I can't go get it because it's a holiday! I think you should start a book blog because you're my go-to girl for book recommendations. :) When does the next Starcatchers book come out?