May 17, 2010

Sweet Earth

This Saturday was our planting day - one of my favorite days in the spring. The weather was beautiful, and I enjoyed playing with dirt. We don't plant many things - mostly tomatoes & peppers, but we're excited!!!

Yes - we are fans of Lowe's. Last year we used smaller pots and our plants were a little lacking in size, so this year we decided to use 5 gallon buckets and see how they do.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to rotate this picture. This is our free polka dot plant we got the other weekend - I think it's rather cool looking.


Over the winter I managed (ok .... I planned it) to kill one of our plants and this is it's replacement. My brother and sister-in-law have one and I love it!! Also note ... Joe's star wars figurines he got from Disneyland. I am so loving this spring weather and hope it continues to hold out!!


No comments: