September 13, 2010
Family time
On Saturday, I had a family shower hosted by my Mom. I left to visit a friend (my mom wanted me out of the house so she could set up), and I came back to a wonderful surprise! She made this diaper cake - diapers wrapped in receiving blankets, and on the table were things like pacifiers, socks, headbands, and toy. And the duck is awesome - on the bottom it has a temperature sensor and will let you know if the water is too hot for the baby. The house looked so awesome! Thanks mom! And yes, my face is a little bit red. We went up to Bear Lake on Labor Day, and I forgot to wear sunscreen. Not so good.
Another shot of Lizzy & me (and my sister Katie!). Lizzy just came from a soccer game and was a little tired, and in a mood to cuddle. I didn't mind!
Opening gifts - people were so generous! It amazes me. We were able to get quite a few essentials (crib mattress, things like that) and a lot of cute clothes. Thanks everyone!
And the best for last - my mom finished the quilt. She threatened not to show me until I told her a name, but she wrapped it up for me and surprised me. It is so beautiful. You can't see all the details on the squares - she sewed/quilted butterflies on all the larger rectangles and flowers & vines on the smaller ones. So beautiful! Love you MOM!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love love love the quilt! The colors are gorgeous! Oh--and I still have you present that I am dying to give you...should I drop it off at your parentals?
I am so sorry I missed it! I would love to get your address though... do you mind emailing me it at taliamjensen@gmail.com? I hope you are doing well!
Sorry we missed out! I hope you got our gift!! Looks like your mom did a great job, the cake is adorable!
Sure wished we were closer so I could have just popped in! I hope you are doing well and that little lady will come when she's ready! Congrats!! Love you guys tons!!!!
Dear sister,
Will you please at some point send me a copy of the picture of your quilt that I'm also in. (It's actually a pretty good picture of me and you.)
Thanks!
Love ya!
Post a Comment