I got home from school this afternoon and feeling in a spontaneous mood we decided to travel to the remote podunk town of Promontory, Utah. It's better know for as the Golden Spike National monument, where they connected the intercontinental railroad. I was fun, don't think that I'd ever been there before and if I have I don't remember. But My mind kept going to my 4th grade field trip to Fort Sutter and my friend Pete who's Loco for Locomotives. I remember buying a fake golden railroad tie on that field trip, and thinking that it was the coolest thing in the world. We wondered around, touched the replica steam engines, and that was about it but it was close to home. I think well worth the trip and I would go again. Anyways enjoy the pics.
2 comments:
We keep meaning to go there every time we go up to Logan! I am jealous. It has been a very, very long while since I've been.
I'd go again...so next spring or summer we should go. There's a demonstration of the trains. and then the spiral jetty would also be fun to go and see afterwards
Post a Comment