March 7, 2010

once was lost

I think it's been almost three years since Joe lost his original wedding band. The ring was extremely loose on him, and was always falling off. Then one day he came home from work & we couldn't find it anywhere. So we got him another ring! (Good thing it was his ring and not mine ...)


Early last week Joe came home and told me he had a surprise. I don't know what I was expecting, but I sure wasn't expecting him to tell me he had found his first wedding band!! it made us both laugh really hard. he had been cleaning out the stock room at work, and found the ring in a box. We always assumed that he had accidentally thrown it away while drying his hands. The ring is still large for him, so he'll keep wearing the second one we got but now he has a backup :)


I couldn't resist taking a picture of Joe taking a nap on Sunday. I found it really funny because it was during the USA vs Canada hockey game!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

That makes me laugh alot! Such a time span to find it again and not even in your house. Great story!

Kyle and Jessica said...

Hahahahaha, I can't believe he found it that much later! Fun story.

Emily said...

That's pretty amazing if you ask me! Those kinds of things like never happen, makes for a great story though and glad he got his first ring back for the sentimental value :)

Wendy said...

Go get the ring sized! You can always size it back! ;) Hope CA is treating you guys well!!

Kelly Family said...

Thats awesome! Gives me hope in finding things that we have lost :) What a great story!