On the 28th of September I left to go visit my sister in Connecticut. For the first time ever I would be without kids!! It was so much fun, I had a great time! I did miss my family, but I also really enjoyed some me time! I flew into White Plains, NY which is about 20 minutes away from where my sister lives. She couldn't come pick me up, so I had to take an UBER for the first time. It was a bit weird, but also very cool! Back east felt SO different from Utah. Trees everywhere, you couldn't see very far, and some very beautiful old homes. I fell in love on the drive, and tried to convince Joe that maybe we should move. Ha! The next morning we woke up and went for a run - I just about DIED, it was so hard to breathe in all the humidity!
The day I left we went for a hike around a nearby lake - it was so peaceful and quiet. It was more like a walk, there are no mountains to climb! The leaves where just hinting at color, so beautiful!
The roads are SO narrow, no shoulder and trees just right outside your window! It was pretty. And kinda crazy at the same time, people would go so fast!








No comments:
Post a Comment